Everyone has different daily hair routines and what works best will be largely affected by your hair type and environmental factors that your hair is exposed to. Thankfully, there is an equal amount of variety in the best hair products that are available on the market so you can tailor your purchasing choices perfectly.
Different brands and categories of moisturizers for black hair for men can hold various ingredients, of which the most popular are tea tree oil, coconut oil and argan oil, but the full list is endless. We thought it might be useful to give you a headstart on this so we’ve put together this comprehensive list of hair care products to save you time when looking for the best option.
1. Renpure Coconut Whipped Creme Leave-In Conditioner
Let’s start off our list of the best hair care products with a safe and simple classic. Using natural, raw coconut oil as the primary ingredient, this leave-in conditioner from Renpure will have your curly hair feeling smooth, silky and frizz-free. It will help your damaged or dry hair to feel revitalised, locking in moisture as it slowly conditions your hair.
2. OKAY Black Jamaican Castor Oil Leave In Conditioner with Argan Oil & Shea Butter
Leave-in conditioners tend to be the best bet when it comes to black hair products. The key ingredients of Argan oil, castor oil and shea butter are the perfect combination of agents that will keep your hair hydrated and nourished, while also improving blood circulation in your scalp to help nutrients reach your hair, keeping it nice and healthy.
3. Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer, Leave-In Conditioner
This multipurpose moisturizer can also be used on your body and as an aftershave balm, reducing the need for so many hair products in your daily routine. Totally vegan and sulfate free, the tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender will keep you smelling great all day while reducing the number of split ends your natural hair bothers you with.
4. Maui Moisture Smooth and Repair Vanilla Bean Hair Butter
More of a buttery consistency than the products we’ve mentioned so far, this repair cream from Maui Moisture is a great product for Black hair. It combines aloe juice and coconut water with thicker ingredients like cocoa butter and vanilla bean to produce a smooth finish that works wonders if you’re susceptible to dry hair.
5. Cantu Shea Butter Men’s Collection Leave in Conditioner
Brittle hair can be a big problem for lots of men, but Cantu’s formula of caffeine, shea butter and hemp seed oil will go a long way to finding a solution. It reduces shedding and dryness whatever your hair type, but be sure to apply it when your hair is damp and work in right to the roots to gain full advantage of its benefits.
6. Wild Growth Hair Oil
Our next choice from Wild Growth is a fantastic hair oil that contains coconut oil and olive oil as well as a few interesting pulses such as lentils, chickpeas and rice bran. Be quite conservative with the amount you use, as it is quite an oily substance. It’ll stimulate your hair to increase its growth and can be used for your beard as well, so if you’re after a growth hair product then we’d highly recommend giving this one a go.
7. Men’s Conditioner – Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint & Eucalyptus for All Hair Types – by Rocky Mountain Barber Company
Mint is a fantastic scent for all manner of toiletry products, and hair conditioner is no exception. Free from parabens and perfect for keeping your hair strong and full, and your scalp completely free from dandruff, dryness and itchiness. The tea tree and eucalyptus oils combine with peppermint to produce one of the best natural smelling hair products on the market.
8. Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner By Arvazallia
If you’re in search of a more serious and dedicated option for black hair styling, this hydrating mask from Arvazallia will serve you well. Masks work deeply into the roots of your hair while you apply and leave the hair product for five minutes before washing out. This product will be better suited if your hair is particularly weak and dry, but is also good to use semi-regularly for all hair types in addition to a daily routine.
9. Coco Creme Coil Enhancing Moisture Butter For Very Dry Hair, with Coconut Oil and Mango Butter by Carol’s Daughter
When it comes to hair care products that are focussed on coils, the best thing you can do is to grab one of these. It’s a buttery styling cream that will keep your curly hair soft and shine that lasts. With plenty of other products to suit other kinds of hair types, Carol’s daughter has built a great reputation for quality and simplicity when it comes to ingredients.
10. As I Am Double Butter Cream – Rich Daily Moisturizer Enriched with Pro-Vitamin B5
Our final choice of hair product is this rich moisturizing cream from As I Am. Focussing on shine and curls, this moisturizer will help to combat roughness and lock in moisture to keep your natural hair at its very best and keeping free from split ends. The glycerine and sugar beet produce one of the richest hair products out there, and make it a real treat to use.
The 10 Best Hair Moisturizers For Black Men
- 1 – Renpure Coconut Whipped Creme Leave-In Conditioner
- 2 – OKAY Black Jamaican Castor Oil Leave In Conditioner with Argan Oil & Shea Butter
- 3 – Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer, Leave-In Conditioner
- 4 – Maui Moisture Maui Moisture Smooth and Repair Vanilla Bean Hair Butter
- 5 – Cantu Shea Butter Men’s Collection Leave in Conditioner
- 6 – Wild Growth Hair Oil
- 7 – Men’s Conditioner by Rocky Mountain Barber Company
- 8 – Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner By Arvazallia
- 9 – Coco Creme Coil Enhancing Moisture Butter by Carol’s Daughter
- 10 – As I Am Double Butter Cream – Rich Daily Moisturizer Enriched with Pro-Vitamin B5
1. Should Men Moisturize Their Hair?
All guys should focus on moisturizing their hairdos, no matter their natural texture or hair follicles. The truth is that guys have to invest in their haircare, just as much as girls should. So, if you’re struggling with dry, uneven, messy, or frizzy texture, make sure that you moisturize and update your hair-care routine. Avoid any type of harmful ingredients to end up with the best outcome.
2. Can Dry Brittle Hair Be Restored?
Everything is fixable. It all comes down to your approach and used/preferred products. Are you aiming for hydration? If so, here is what you should do and purchase:
- Go for sulfate-free products, shampoos and conditioners especially
- Aim for a lot of high-quality natural ingredients and oils
- Add Vitamin E, jojoba oil & sweet almond oil as your hair-care treatment
- If you have frizzy hair or unruly hair you should get something that is hydrating and perfect for afro hair
3. Why Is Moisturizing Your Hair Important?
The truth is that our hair can get pretty dry, brittle, and frizzy. If your pores are closed, tight, or shrunk, your natural oils might struggle to come out and show through, leading to dandruff and lack of shine. With the right hair-care routine, organic oils, or minerals, you can get back all the shine and enjoy new locks of hair! Try out the natural moisturizing process and just know that your hair strands will look good, long, and healthy.
Having Said All Of That
Do you want to stop the hair loss process? If so, make sure that you get all the right products for your frizzy and dry texture. Watch out for your diet while you’re at it as well. Aim for omega & fatty acids for your daily intake, and watch how your locks transform in no time! All of these products and items can come in handy. Which one do you like the most?