We take great pride in our work because millions of you, the readers, seek out Outsons for guidance on how to look good and feel great. Thanks to our in-depth and hands-on research, we have now amassed a vast wealth of knowledge across fashion, grooming and tattoos. We have enlisted expert writers in their fields, to create what we hope are truly helpful articles for our community to digest.
At Outsons we are committed to providing you with trustworthy, accessible, and accurate information. The writers and editors of Outsons do not seek any personal reward or act to serve their own personal interests, every writer always conforms to this policy. Every piece of content is based on the 3 pillars of our editorial process.
1. Earning & maintaining trust
We aim to provide content that is trustworthy, accurate, evidence-based, clear, and understandable. Throughout our content we strive to give people access to the information they need. All of our content has been created through first-hand research and expert analysis. We’re aware everyone is different, so we stand for inclusivity and empathy. We’re here to empower you, the reader
2. Ensuring high journalistic standards
All our content is unbiased, balanced, timely, actionable and most importantly comprehensive. We follow these core principles:
- We carefully select contributors and vet our content creators for subject matter expertise and relevant life experience. We provide guidance on research and sourcing best practices, to ensure you the reader get great content.
- All the content is reviewed by the editor who brings an added perspective thanks to their experience in the industry. This review process is done to ensure all content meets our rigorous editorial standards of accuracy and clarity, using inclusive language.
- Readers come to us searching for guidance and advice. Therefore, we ensure the tone of our articles is formal, respectful, and empathetic. We do not trivialise your concerns nor mislead you with irresponsible advice. Instead, we strive to make you feel belonged and satisfied with the content we provide.
- We don’t discriminate towards or against a particular gender. We maintain a neutral tone in all our posts, using inclusive words like ‘their’ and ‘them.’ However, certain writing restrictions might require us to use ‘he’ or ‘she’ to ensure smooth flow and readability.
3. Continual monitoring and updating of content
Fashion is constantly and as such we are continually monitoring and updating our content to ensure you the reader get the most up-to-date and accurate information possible. To help you understand how fresh the content is you might have noticed a date at the beginning of every article, this shows you when and who last reviewed the content. Every time a piece of content is reviewed by an expert member of the team, it receives a new “reviewed date”.
As well as the above we also perform regular audits of our content to address changes in products, shifting trends in fashion and any unanticipated events that may affect the content. We may also update contact based on feedback from you the reader. It is for this reason that we actively encourage feedback, good or bad it is great to hear from you.
When a reader alerts us about a potential issue with our content — such as inaccurate, outdated, unclear, or contradictory information — we take immediate action. Our editorial and medical teams research the feedback, determine what revisions are needed, and republish the updated content. Please use [email protected] or fill out this contact form
Outsons may earn commission through our affiliate marketing partners but this does not influence the contentor products chosen to feature in an article. We always provide balanced, impartial, and accurate information. Read about our affiliate process and policy.
On rare occasions we might partner with a brand to showcase their products, if this does happen we will highlight this using the label “Sponsored” at the top of the article. This type of content will most likely be an advertorial, and such posts do not necessarily reflect the editorial team’s opinion. If you are a brand looking to work with us then please checkout our partnerships page.
Last Updated on 1st of November, 2022