Which phase of the moon is your favorite? Did you even know that there are many different phases of the moon? Make yourself comfortable, and browse through many different tattoo ideas that we have in store for you, and learn a lot about different stages of the moon!
How Many Phases Of The Moon Are There?
Speaking of different moon phases, did you know that there are eight of them? As the moon orbits Earth, the moon will go into four primary phases every other week.
What Do The Phases Of The Moon Represent?
Different moon phases and the moon cycle can have an impact on your mood, believe it or not. Here is the magic, power, as well as meaning behind every phase:
- The first phase is the new moon phase. It stands for new beginnings and is the phase when the moon stands between Earth and the Sun.
- The second phase is the waxing moon phase, where the moon is growing, also known as the crescent phase. This moon is illuminated and stands for intention.
- A third phase is the first quarter Moon phase where one half is shadowed. This moon stands for decision making.
- The fourth phase is the gibbous moon. It is when more than half of the Moon is illuminated. The meaning is refinement.
- The fifth phase is the full Moon phase. This is when the Sun illuminates the entire moon. The meaning of this one is sealing the intention.
- The sixth phase is the waning gibbous phase, where more than half of the Moon is still illuminated. This moon stands for gratitude.
- The seventh phase is the third quarter where the moon is shadowed. This moon is all about forgiveness.
- The eight and the final phase is the waning crescent phase, where the crescent side is illuminated. This moon stands for surrender.
Top 12 Phases Of The Moon Tattoo Design
1. Arm Small Moon Tattoos
Phases of the moon can look amazing even if tattooed super small. You can go for your forearm placement if you love noticeable tattoo designs. This tattoo is simple, yet pretty popular.
2. Sun And Moon Tattoo Designs
Women love seeing beautiful tattoos on guys. If you are on a search for something that symbolizes good energy, and you are into lunar inspired elements, get this perfect moon tattoo!
3. Black Ink Moon Phases Tattoo
This black ink tattoo would look perfect if you are on a lookout for a cover-up. You can easily hide any mistake, and fall in love with your arm tattoo all over again! Get these moon stages and stick with black & white ink for the full and realistic looking moon tattoos.
4. Bright Stars And Moon Tattoo
If you feel like you are changing more and more each year and in time, why not go for a tattoo that represents your current state? Create something unique, and stick with bright ink tattoo designs if you truly want it to stand out.
5. Moon Phases Tattoo
Phases of the Moon would look amazing once stretched out and placed either on your arms, legs, or back. If you are into realistic designs, make sure you go for the right size and the perfect balance!
6. Realistic Moon Tattoo
Are you a fan of nature? Do you like tattoos with deeper meanings? Get several different moons that will stand for change – from head to start. The mountains are a symbol of mystery, as well as the sign of going through obstacles in life.
7. Moon Phase Tattoo Ideas
Moon phases tattoo designs will look amazing on guys who are into different tattoo ideas, and who can’t make up their mind for just that one tattoo. This tattoo stands for power, magic, and will look the best on those who love a good transition, as well as deeper meanings.
8. Moon Tattoos On Forearm
Make sure your tattoo artist has experience with circles, round, or moon designs! This tattoo is night-inspired, perfect for men who love geometrical pieces.
9. Moon Tattoos Small
This is a super small tattoo, ideal for men who truly dislike pain. It will take you only one hour to achieve this or similar moon phases tattoo designs.
10. Blue Moon Tattoos Phase Designs
Men who like bright ink, and who don’t mind spending 4+ hours with their tattoo artist will love this tattoo. Bright blue, purple & red ink will look amazing once combined together.
11. Crescent Moon Tattoo Ideas
A moon tattoo can be playful and simple, such as this one. You can choose only 2-3 phases and tattoo them on your arm, or any other body part.
12. Sun Moon And Stars Tattoo
Lastly, if you are a fan of black tattoos as well as astrology, this design is perfect for you. It is not that moon phase-oriented, but it is still very beautiful and attention-seeking in its own way.
On That Note
Phases of the moon can change, but which one is your favorite? Get a tattoo that speaks to you the loudest, and stick to the phase that has the prettiest and deepest meaning!
Need More Inspiration
Feature image from Pinterest