Jeans are a staple which guys love to wear on a daily basis and a wardrobe essential for any closet. If you don’t own the perfect denim jeans, a sturdy pair of Levis, or any other high-quality jeans – it is time to shop. Many popular brands are coming out with different slim fit, athletic or wide-leg pants. How do you like to wear jeans, and what is your go-to outfit? If you want to know & find your perfect fit pants read through our article!
Should Jeans Be Tight When You Buy Them?
When shopping for your perfect style of jeans try to avoid weird shapes & uncomfortable fits. Start by reaching for the most classic chinos or skinny jeans, and see if they are comfortable around your crotch area. Once they are on, make sure you:
- Don’t feel too tight or snug in them
- Your fit should start around the waist, not too loose or too tight either
- Straight jeans or slim straight are great for daily durable wear
- You should fasten your belt without playing around with your waistline or without the waistline cinching
- You should be able to pinch your jeans and have at least half an inch of fabric wondering around loosely around your thigh or knee area
So, in conclusion, no; your jeans should not feel too tight. As a matter of fact, they may end up getting even tighter after you wash them for the fifth time. Rather go a size up and enjoy them a bit loose than super tight around your body.
How Should Men’s Jeans Fit?
The right fit guide when it comes to jeans says that they shouldn’t feel too tight around your leg, especially around your ankle because many guys are into cuffing jeans mens style! If you’re planning on purchasing the perfect style of jeans any time soon, make sure you watch out for:
Make sure your wardrobe has casual jeans which are not too tight, but they move around comfortably as you walk around in them or when you sit. Make sure you can pinch up to 0.5 inches of your fabric, and try to make them work while actually breathing comfortably. Don’t go for super slim fit jeans, rather loose dark wash jeans.
You shouldn’t need a belt to keep them in place. Jeans that sit a little lower may feel too wide for men who have no hips. In case you are wearing low-rise or skinny jeans, you will need a belt, but still don’t go for any uncomfortable styles.
Your bottom part should be hugged just a little bit. However, your crack shouldn’t show once you walk around or if you duck down/bend over. Some men may need a tailor to shape them their perfect jean pair, while others will have a hard time trying to make their butt fit through some skinnier shorts. Either way, make sure you always shop with someone who is well aware of your body size & your dimensions.
Top 5 Different Jeans For Men
1. Black Skinny Jeans For Skinny Fit
These skinny fit jeans are usually worn with classic dark shoes & some simple wear. If you prefer to move around in super tight (yet comfy) pants, you will wear these 24/7! You can wear these comfy fit jean style to the gym, work, school, or for any semi-casual events. Don’t wear them to your meetings, but to enjoy them for day-time activities.
2. Loose Fit Jeans In Light Denim
These loose fit jeans are worn by guys who love a lot of space. If you want a pair of jeans that are a bit loose & comfy around the calf area you should get these. Also, these pants will suit you if you are tall & if you want something that is catered towards your body type. Watch out for its hems and cuffs when locking this trend.
3. Cuffed Fit Jeans With Striped Pattern
If you want to wear something with an unusual cut and you are wondering how to wear colorful jeans go for these. They have a stripe line down the leg, and should also be used with the perfect & casual shirt on top. This fit is not the best solution for the office since you can’t dress it up, but you should go for some short shorts, boots, or other casual details.
4. Loose Jogger Pants With Low Waist
If you are into low-rise hip-hop & loose jogger pants you will enjoy these for your relaxed days & walks. You can wear them with your favorite shoes as well as a low-cut V-neck shirt. Guys who love casual yet fashion-forward looks will love these since they are the best jeans for men! You will enjoy their high rise with stylish sneakers.
5. Regular Denim Straight Leg Jeans
Your jeans should fit somewhat like this if you are into comfy dad wear. These dark denim leg jeans fit ideally on taller men, and will look the prettiest on workaholic guys, as well as those are into casual & comfortable fit. How to wear these pants? With converse, sandals, as well as with a simple T-shirt and a denim jacket.
How Skinny Jeans Should Fit?
These jeans can be a bit tricky when trying to style. This is because only some men can pull off this pair. How? Well:
- Fit like leggings – this way they will allow you to move around and to feel comfy, just as a pair of leggings would do. Guys prefer them over heavy, loose & super-wide trousers.
- Enough of stretch – one of our tips & tricks is that you wear your jeans only if they provide enough support & air. This type is a bit harder to find in stores, but once you do your legs will thank you.
- Ankle check – Your jeans should have a smaller leg opening around the bottom part. This will allow them to keep your ankles secured at all times.
- The right color – many clothing items come in denim color, but wearing your skinny jeans in denim is essential. However, you can step out of this comfort zone and ignore this rule if you wish to make your legs appear a bit bigger. Go for white or light beige jeans and emphasize your lower leg portion.
On That Note
After reading through our jean fit guide, do you know how to make your jeans work? Take some of our tips & tricks into consideration & try to enjoy the right solution for your body type. You can easily find your perfect fit if you find the perfect length, pocket details, as well as ideal color for your preference. Make sure your purchased pair of jeans suit your event, and you will always end up with a striking look!