Had a busy week? Short on sleep and need to hide those dark circles and tired eyes? Check out our quick grooming guide and we’ll show you how to reduce eye bags to keep you look fresh.
‘How do you get rid of bags under your eyes.’ is a pretty common Google search, and something that affects both men and women. Getting rid of bags under the eyes unfortunately, isn’t exactly an overnight process either – but they can certainly be reduced within a short period of time and with the right approach.
As an incredibly visible part of the face, it’s no doubt you’ll be quite conscious of the looming darkness around your eyes, so with this in mind here are a few tips and tricks on how to reduce those circles.
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
There are both natural remedies and shop bought creams that will help with your dark circles and if you want to keep up your fresh looking appearance, there are a few tips on how to cure dark circles under your eyes. By sticking to some of these guidelines, hopefully, the getting rid of bags under your eyes won’t be too hard.
- Drink water… lots of it: There’s no denying it. The benefits of drinking lots of water are endless, from weight control to clearer skin – it’s a must. Speaking of dark circles – the water will assist with a general better skin appearance, thus reducing your dark circles and bags.
- Good diet: Once again, we needn’t be telling you the benefits of getting your 5-a-day and so forth, but if you’re serious about dropping the bags, you need to get serious about eating healthy. Particularly fish or any other omega-3 rich foods will assist with keeping your eyes in top shape.
- Sun Protection: Need we explain this one? While sunblock is essential for your entire body, the effects will be noticed most on your face. This goes the other way too if you’ve not been using protection – that face of yours ain’t gonna age well!
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Around Your Eyes
Best Natural Remedies for Dark Circles
Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent. With the optional addition of lemon juice, you can reduce the black circles dramatically by simply dabbing the mixture underneath the eyes and leaving for around ten minutes. You can also drink a glass of tomato juice with mint leaves and lemon juice. Doing these two things twice a day will see changes not to mention give you at least 2 of your 5-a-day, so really it’s killing two birds one stone – happy days!
Need a proper spa day, with cucumbers on the eyes as the classic set up? It’s worth a go, but why are cucumbers good for your eyes? Well, cucumbers have skin-lightening and astringent properties and are pretty much as good as tomatoes in terms of effectiveness. On top of that cucumbers have a soothing and refreshing effect, so as well as reducing dark circles they’ll help you feel more awake as well.
This is probably one that people are unaware of. The aim is to grate the potato into a bowl to extract the potato juice. The juice has natural bleaching agents, which can help with your dark circles. Soak a cotton pad in the juice and put over the eyes.
Cold Tea Bags
Another popular and simple method to reduce dark eye bags is the use of cold tea bags. It’s worth noting that green tea works best here because of the active natural ingredients. Simply place the tea bags over the eyes for 10 minutes after you’ve left them to cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes. We can’t stress enough that the tea bag must be cold as… well, it’s pretty obvious.
A little bit outside the box but if you’re stressed, it can help with that too. Actually, it is the method that looks to target the root problem, as this is a case of prevention over cure.
Your Guide to Reducing Dark Circles
- Water and a good diet can help to reduce the size of dark circles.
- Keeping your face protected from the sun can help strengthen your skin and keep it in good condition.
- Foods and drinks such as tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes and tea are especially effective against dark circles.
- Get enough sleep, this can be a big cause of dark circles under eyes.
On That Note
There you have it! With a combination of both natural and skincare remedies, you should be kissing your dark circles goodbye in no time. If none of the above seems to be helping then, for goodness sakes – get some sleep!
Feature image from Pinterest