Reviewed & updated: October 19, 2022 by Jamie Wilson BA
Curly hair, while difficult to tame, can look so beautiful on many different curly hair textures, different age groups, and hair types! It is usually worn by men who have naturally loose thick curls, as well as guys who are not afraid of layers. If your barber gives you the right styling tips & tricks, you will end up with the most flawless curly hairstyle! If not, no worries; we got your back and we got you covered! In this article we will teach guys how to wear their hair curly, what is the right way to follow all the current trends, as well as how to style many different and classic hair types. You will also see if you can incorporate your beard, and how to tame down the frizz! Keep on reading!
Is Curly Hair Good For Men?
Curly hair is one of those must-have hairstyles, especially if you are trying to make a good first impression. Curly hair is a bit harder to maintain and is one of those hairstyles which not everyone can pull off. Only men who don’t mind its maintenance should get this cut, and you need to have a naturally curly texture in order to pull it off. Also, this is a hot haircut if you aren’t into switching your styling too often, yet you prefer to wear the same cut over and over again. Curly hair suits any age group as well as gender. You can even wear it if you are showing grays! This is why you shouldn’t strive for it, and you should go for this cut at any given point.
What’s The Best Product For Curly Hair?
Men often have a hard time trying to find & enjoy their perfect hairstyling products. This is why some of them often borrow their women’s hair products & still think that these will ”do the work” just as well. However, if you want to take the matters into your own hands, make sure you always have:
- A hydrating shampoo – shampoos that are specifically catered towards curly hair and your texture should be in your cabinet. Wash your hair every 4-5 days since curly hair can go for quite some time without the need for a wash.
- High-quality conditioner – a conditioner that won’t leave your hair matte but will actually moisturize your strands should be your go-to. Men with medium-long hair should grow their locks strong & healthy, as well as shiny. Use a conditioner that is infused with oils and that won’t feel too dry on top of your scalp.
- Frizz-fighting product – unfortunately, curly hairstyles are prone to frizz. Men who have naturally curly hair should be aware that once exposed to extreme heat or rain frizz can happen. In order to prevent this, you can go for a frizz diffusing spray, cream, gel, or a product that you prefer.
- Cream styling gel – it is super important to keep your hair textured, curly & hydrated. Curly hair is prone to dryness and should be nourished & drenched in a moisturizing gel. You should use your favorite product and reapply it every 3 days in order to bring back some life 9& bounce to your curls.
- Hair butter – shea butter can do wonders for curly hair& will define your strands on a day-to-day basis. Volume should be achieved with this product, and you can ensure long-lasting curls with this butter. Just make sure you don’t purchase the cheapest kind there is, and go for something that smells nice as well.
- Wide-tooth comb – lastly, make sure you wash your hair once or twice a week. Right after you get out of the shower brush out your hair out with a wide-tooth comb. This is the only kind that can work on your hair since it won’t create frizz or break your strands.
1. Is Curly Hair More Attractive?
Curly hair can look more attractive, especially if it is done the right way! The truth is that most women tend to look so feminine with curls, while guys might have that soft and more-so elegant approach. The truth is that women tend to think of guys with curls as romantic beings. They usually have that soft vibe to them, making them a lot more approachable to a ton of different people.
2. Does Curly Hair Need Special Haircut?
Yes! Before you begin cutting your hair make sure that you book an amazing and skilled hairstylist or barber who knows how to do curly hairdos. When cutting curls most guys and girls prefer getting layered hairstyles. Go for shorter hair at the front and leave more volume and definition in the back. By going for an angular cut you will easily emphasize your soft curls.
3. Can Men With Curly Hair Have Long Hair?
Who can stop them from wearing it and giving it a go? Guys who enjoy their longer strands and voluminous texture can show it off with the right hairdo and proper curl cream. As long as you can maintain it, get regular cuts and avoid the frizz or split ends, you’re in it to win it! Make sure that your hair has just enough of natural oils since dry or broken hair may be hard to style in a curly way.
4. Which Hairstyle Is Best For Curly Hair Male?
If you are a guy thinking about cutting your hair or trying out a specific curly hairstyle, make sure that you come prepared to the hair salon. Some wonderful hair inspirations are:
- Afro curly tops
- Soft surfer waves
- Curly mohawks
- Taper & fringe hairdos
As always, this comes down to your personal preference, style, and hair length/texture.
Top 10 Hairstyles With Curls
On our list everyone will find something that suits their hair length, texture & personal preference.
1. Curly Hair With Natural Texture & Defined Locks
Do you have wavy hair and not too prominent curls? These hairstyles are super stylish and not too hard to achieve. All you have to do is use some cream or gel to get your curls going and to keep them smooth. Wear them by embracing your natural texture, and you will love this cool look. Most guys can give it a go with this look.
2. Skin Fade With Curly Haircut On Top
Fade haircuts are a popular trend which men love to get, especially those who have a taper cut, or who are into skin fade cuts. If you want your curly hair to look cool but you don’t want to maintain it, simply leave the top curly and get an undercut fade or a mid fade on the sides. This is low-maintenance as well as friendly for any event or the upcoming holiday season.
3. Undercut Fade With Messy Mohawk Curly Hairstyles
Heavy cuts such as this one usually suit men who love bold and longer curly hairstyles. This will especially suit you if you love a defined mohawk or pompadour hairstyles, or any other longer hairstyles. An undercut detail, as well as a mid fade truly look beautiful, but this hairstyle should be worn only to some casual events. It is not the best formal or office wear.
4. Curly Hairstyles For Men With Thick Hair
Curly hair undercut looks beautiful and it should be worn by men who have thick hair and who only want to maintain their volume at the top. Usually, this cut is a bit harder to maintain – but as long as you have the right comb and you comb it through every 3-4 days you’ll be fine! Remove dead hair & enjoy shiny strands! If you are in your twenties you might prefer this the most.
5. Side Part Quiff Haircut
A side part haircut is one of those curly hairstyles which only some men love to wear, mostly to their work. If you are into formal, stylish & work-appropriate hairstyles, you will love this one! All you have to do is blow-dry it in your preferred direction till you are left with shiny & wavy locks. Also, make sure you apply frizz-fighting products on top. Show this look at the office and let everyone envy you for it!
6. Messy Bun For Curly Hairstyles
If you hate too long haircuts & you are into curly hairstyles which allow you to live your life freely- go for a bun! A bun is a classic hairstyle which has its own unique shape. It is bouncy, easy to style, and is very low-maintenance. Men love getting it since it is practical for the soccer, gym, running, or any other similar workout sessions. Just make sure you have a thicker hair-tie laying around since it may take several tries to get it ready & steady.
7. Taper Haircut With Fringe Locks
Curly fringe is a go-to for men who have a lot of volume at the front. It also usually looks the prettiest on guys who have an oval-shaped head since it gives them a lot more dimension, as well as a new shape of their face. If your hair is naturally black & you love to wear bangs, you will love this look. It won’t take you too much time to grow it to this length, so why not try it out?
8. Short Curly Haircuts For Men With Curly Fringe
Wear your hair curly and with a beard if you love a complete look. Men who are into grooming and who love to connect their hairstyles along with their beards will love this outcome. You should wear this curly hair to your next big date night, or even to your work. Styling is easy, and you will look the prettiest with full & voluminous bangs. This color will look so good for the summer season and as your hair gets lighter due to all the sun exposure.
9. Super Long Black Curly Hair
Super, super long curly hairstyles are for men who are not afraid of styling it, and who don’t love to cut it too often or short. If you have long, luscious & natural curls – why not embrace them? This hairdo is for men who love to show off their natural, long & healthy hair – as well as those who follow some tips & tricks when it comes to its upkeep. If you want to grow your hair this long make sure you moisturize it, use a detangling brush, and always deep condition.
10. Curly Short Haircuts With Taper Fade
Last, but not least, how about you go for this curly cut? It is one of those hairstyles which men love to wear & experiment with. You can easily transition to any other hairstyle from this cut, and you will love the outcome. It is an amazing ‘beginners-choice’ cut, and it looks the prettiest on men who are in their twenties or early thirties.
How Do You Comb Long Curly Hair Men?
After you work your favorite pomade or your hair-care product through your hair and after you’ve just washed it, it is time to:
- Comb your hair out while it is still semi-wet & damp
- Never comb curly hair when it is dry
- Start at the ends and work your way up
- Let it air dry if possible
- Use a diffuser when blow-drying your hair
You should also have 5-10 minutes (at least) to do the entire transformation.
This guide will guarantee you ideal curly hairstyles, and it won’t break your strands. These curly hairstyles should be worn by men who aren’t that low-maintenance since curly hair demands some work & styling, as well as a significant amount of hair-care products.
On That Note
So, which of these curly hairstyles is your favorite? Men definitely have a lot of options to choose from. Women, on the other hand, can only choose between 2-3 different curl types. They can go for wavy, super curly, or can also go for an undercut detail. Men, on the other hand, can have at least 10 different curl patterns, fades, as well as details to choose from. So, which is your favorite hairstyle? Make sure you go for one which suits your hair texture and have realistic expectations. Curly hairstyles will look beautiful, as long as you take proper care of them and you incorporate high-quality items to your routine.
2. Defined Brown Curly Look
3. Big Afro Haircut Curls
4. Chocolate Brown Curly Hair
5. High Curly Black Afro
6. Curly Pompadour Cut
7. High Top Curly Faux
8. High Long Curly Ponytail
9. Blonde Curly Top
10. Curly Shag Look
11. High Faux Top Curly Hair
12. Black Hair With Loose Curls
13. Curly Top With A Fade
14. Dramatic Curly Afro Locks
15. Curly Style Afro Cut
16. Curly Flow Hair
17. Side Swept Curly Hair
18. Brown Curly Top Look
19. Shiny Healthy Curls
20. Medium-length Curl Hair
21. Curly Quiff Hair
22. Short Sides With Curls
23. Curly Brown Hairstyle
24. High Messy Brown Top
25. Brown Cut Loose Curls
26. Natural Brown Curls
27. Natural Brown Cut
28. Messy Curls High Top
29. Curly Locks Wet Hair
30. Short Curly Hair
31. Men’s Curly Hairstyles Long Look
32. Brown High Curly Top
33. Light Brown Hair With Highlights
34. Best Curly Hairstyles Look
35. Long Top Curly Hair
36. Temple Fade Curly Hair
37. Frizzy Curly Hairdo
38. Light Brown Curly Top
39. Long & Defined Curly Hair
40. High Top Black Curly Hair
41. Curly Top With Defined Edges
42. Loose Surfer Waves
43. High Curly Hair Natural Texture
44. Soft Loose Hair Curly
45. Man-bunned Curly Top
46. Curly Hair With Forehead Volume
47. Low Fade Cut Curls
48. High Curly Up Afro Look
49. Light Brown Curly Hair With A Fade
50. Natural Moisturized Curls
51. Short Hair Wet Look
52. Curly Undercut Hairstyle
53. Surfer Cut Blonde Hair
54. Short Curly Hairstyles
55. Big Afro Locks
56. Light Brown Curly Top
57. Natural Healthy Brown Hair
58. Curly Top With A Fade
59. Black Hair Wet Look
60. Soft Curly Short Hair
61. Icy Silver Curly Hair
62. Tight Afro Locks
63. Curly Bangs Hair
64. Brown Afro Curls Look
65. Blonde Curly Top Hair
66. Simple Frizzy Hair
67. Light Orange Curls
68. Loose Retro Curls
69. Swept Curly Look
70. Curly Blonde Hairstyle Idea
71. Shiny Healthy Black Cut
72. Frizzy Afro Curls
73. Soft Brown Curly Look
74. Shiny Healthy Long Locks