Curly hair, while difficult to tame, can look so beautiful on many different curly hair textures, different age groups, and hair types! It is usually worn by men who have naturally loose thick curls, as well as guys who are not afraid of layers. If your barber gives you the right styling tips & tricks, you will end up with the most flawless curly hairstyle! If not, no worries; we got your back! In this article we will teach guys how to wear your hair curly, what is the right way to follow all the current trends, as well as how to style many different and classic hair types. You will also see if you can incorporate your beard, and how to tame down the frizz! Keep on reading!
Is Curly Hair Good For Men?
Curly hair is one of those must-have hairstyles, especially if you are trying to make a good first impression. Curly hair is a bit harder to maintain and is one of those hairstyles which not everyone can pull off. Only men who don’t mind its maintenance should get this cut, and you need to have naturally curly texture in order to pull it off. Also, this is a hot haircut if you aren’t into switching your styling too often, yet you prefer to wear the same cut over and over again. Curly hair suits any age group as well as gender. You can even wear it if you are showing grays! This is why you shouldn’t strive from it, and you should go for this cut at any given point.
What’s The Best Product For Curly Hair?
Men often have a hard time trying to find & enjoy their perfect hairstyling products. This is why some of them often borrow their women’s hair products & still think that these will ”do the work” just as well. However, if you want to take the matters into your own hands, make sure you always have:
- A hydrating shampoo – shampoos which are specifically catered towards curly hair and your texture should be in your cabinet. Wash your hair every 4-5 days since curly hair can go for quite some time without the need for a wash.
- High-quality conditioner – a conditioner which won’t leave your hair matte but will actually moisturize your strands should be your go-to. Men with medium-long hair should grow their locks strong & healthy, as well as shiny. Use a conditioner which is infused with oils and that won’t feel too drying on top of your scalp.
- Frizz-fighting product – unfortunately, curly hairstyles are prone to frizz. Men who have naturally curly hair should be aware that once exposed to extreme heat or rain frizz can happen. In order to prevent this, you can go for a frizz diffusing spray, cream, gel, or a product that you prefer.
- Cream styling gel – it is super important to keep your hair textured, curly & hydrated. Curly hair is prone to dryness and should be nourished & drenched in a moisturizing gel. You should use your favorite product and reapply it every 3 days in order to bring back some life 9& bounce to your curls.
- Hair butter – shea butter can do wonders for curly hair& will define your strands on a day-to-day basis. Volume should be achieved with this product, and you can ensure long-lasting curls with this butter. Just make sure you don’t purchase the cheapest kind there is, and go for something that smells nice as well.
- Wide-tooth comb – lastly, make sure you wash your hair once or twice a week. Right after you get out of the shower brush out your hair out with a wide-tooth comb. This is the only kind which can work on your hair since it won’t create frizz nor break your strands.
Top 10 Hairstyles With Curls
On our list everyone will find something that suits their hair length, texture & personal preference.
1. Curly Hair With Natural Texture & Defined Locks
Do you have wavy hair and not too prominent curls? These hairstyles are super stylish and not too hard to achieve. All you have to do is use some cream or gel to get your curls going and to keep them smooth. Wear them by embracing your natural texture, and you will love this cool look.
2. Skin Fade With Curly Haircut On Top
Fade haircuts are a popular trend which men love to get, especially those who have a taper cut, or who are into skin fade cuts. If you want your curly hair to look cool but you don’t want to maintain it, simply leave the top curly and get an undercut fade or a mid fade on the sides. This is low-maintenance as well as friendly for any event or the upcoming holiday season.
3. Undercut Fade With Messy Mohawk Curly Hairstyles
Heavy cuts such as this one usually suit men who love bold and longer curly hairstyles. This will especially suit you if you love a defined mohawk or pompadour hairstyles, or any other longer hairstyles. An undercut detail, as well as a mid fade truly look beautiful, but this hairstyle should be worn only to some casual events. It is not the best formal or office wear.
4. Curly Hairstyles For Men With Thick Hair
Curly hair undercut looks beautiful and it should be worn by men who have thick hair and who only want to maintain their volume at the top. Usually, this cut is a bit harder to maintain – but as long as you have the right comb and you comb it through every 3-4 days you’ll be fine! Remove dead hair & enjoy shiny strands!
5. Side Part Quiff Haircut
A side part haircut is one of those curly hairstyles which only some men love to wear, mostly to their work. If you are into formal, stylish & work-appropriate hairstyles, you will love this one! All you have to do is blow-dry it in your preferred direction till you are left with shiny & wavy locks. Also, make sure you apply frizz-fighting products on top.
6. Messy Bun For Curly Hairstyles
If you hate too long haircuts & you are into curly hairstyles which allow you to live your life freely- go for a bun! A bun is a classic hairstyle which has its own unique shape. It is bouncy, easy to style, and is very low-maintenance. Men love getting it since it is practical for the soccer, gym, running, or any other similar workout sessions. Just make sure you have a thicker hair-tie laying around since it may take several tries to get it ready & steady.
7. Taper Haircut With Fringe Locks
Curly fringe is a go-to for men who have a lot of volume at the front. It also usually looks the prettiest on guys who have an oval-shaped head since it gives them a lot more dimension, as well as a new shape of their face. If your hair is naturally black & you love to wear bangs, you will love this look.
8. Short Curly Haircuts For Men With Curly Fringe
Wear your hair curly and with a beard if you love a complete look. Men who are into grooming and who love to connect their hairstyles along with their beards will love this outcome. You should wear this curly hair to your next big date night, or even to your work. Styling is easy, and you will look the prettiest with full & voluminous bangs.
9. Super Long Black Curly Hair
Super, super long curly hairstyles are for men who are not afraid of styling it, and who don’t love to cut it too often or short. If you have long, luscious & natural curls – why not embrace them? This hairdo is for men who love to show off their natural, long & healthy hair – as well as those who follow some tips & tricks when it comes to its upkeep. If you want to grow your hair this long make sure you moisturize it, use a detangling brush, and always deep condition.
10. Curly Short Haircuts With Taper Fade
Last, but not least, how about you go for this curly cut? It is one of those hairstyles which men love to wear & experiment with. You can easily transition to any other hairstyle from this cut, and you will love the outcome. It is an amazing ‘beginners-choice’ cut, and it looks the prettiest on men who are in their twenties or early thirties.
How Do You Comb Long Curly Hair Men?
After you work your favorite pomade or your hair-care product through your hair and after you’ve just washed it, it is time to:
- Comb your hair out while it is still semi-wet & damp
- Never comb curly hair when it is dry
- Start at the ends and work your way up
- Let it air dry if possible
- Use a diffuser when blow-drying your hair
This guide will guarantee you ideal curly hairstyles, and it won’t break your strands. These curly hairstyles should be worn by men who aren’t that low-maintenance since curly hair demands some work & styling, as well as a significant amount of hair-care products.
On That Note
So, which of these curly hairstyles is your favorite? Men definitely have a lot of options to choose from. Women, on the other hand, can only choose between 2-3 different curl types. They can go for wavy, super curly, or can also go for an undercut detail. Men, on the other hand, can have at least 10 different curl patterns, fades, as well as details to choose from. So, which is your favorite hairstyle? Make sure you go for one which suits your hair texture and have realistic expectations. Curly hairstyles will look beautiful, as long as you take proper care of them and you incorporate high-quality items to your routine.
Feature image from Pinterest