How To Use Hair Wax
Step 1: Take a small amount of wax. Don’t take to much as you will slowly layer more and more so a little is best at first.
Step 2: Massage the wax or pomade in the palm of both your hands. Making the wax warm will help application and as wax is a hard product you will need to do this before it is ready to apply.
How To Apply Wax To Hair
Step 3: Start by slowly brushing the wax on the outer surface of your hair. So much so that your hair is covered in a thin layer of wax, but do not yet run through your hair with your fingers. As wax is hard to wash out you would rather have not enough and add more than the other way round.
Hair Wax Styling
Step 4: Now use your fingers to run through your hair and style as you wish. If you have any stray hairs take a tiny bit of product and comb them into the desired place. Remember to much could be a problem. So make sure not to add to much. For a quick tutorial on how to style your hair. View the tutorial below.
Different Types Of Wax
Like other hairstyling products there are various options for you when it comes to choosing a hair wax. Some people use wax for various things and now you can get different products that work best for different styles. Make sure the product you choose work for your hair length and hair type.
Bed Head Hair Wax for Men
Bed head hair wax for men is a product made go TIGI. The Matte Seperation™ Workable Wax is perfect for defined looks that need hold and texture with a matte finish. A hairdresser’s favourite and the best selling Bed Head For Men product globally. This product gives a firm hold which is rewardable throughout the day. It’s important to remember the level of matte finish all depends on how wet your hair is to start with. The dryer your hair when you apply MATTE SEPARATION™ the more matte the finish, and the wetter the hair the softer the results.
Fish Fingers Wax
One of the first waxes brought to market by Fish founder Paul Burfoot, Fishfingers Shape Defining Wax is still one of the bestsellers today. This product is idea for styles that require a lot of shape. This product won’t give you the most ideal hold but it has a really good shine finish. The fish fingers products are amazing and definitely fit for purpose as a moulding wax.
Gatsby Hair Wax
GATSBY continues to expand its presence as the most well-known standard men’s cosmetics brand favored by young men for day-to-day use. There Hair wax is a great for day to day use and holds similarities to many mousses or gels in terms of capabilities. Like all wax’s it takes advantage of emulsifiers to work and hold hair. Their collection of products is a great alternative to gel’s and mousse’s your probably used to.
7 Tips When Applying Hair Wax
- Melt the product with the heat from your hand. Dry wax always comes in a form that is not so easy to apply initially. You must rub the product between the palms of your hand to make application possible and easy.
- You can apply wax to wet or dry hair. By using it on wet hair, with a lot of hair wax’s you can achieve a lot more of a matte like finish to your hair if you apply to wet or damp hair.
- Alternate hands during application. As you work back to front, be sure to alternate your hands as you go. This will ensure that the product is evenly applied as it’s transferred from your hands to your client’s hair. By alternating hands you can more evenly spread the product.
- DON’T apply to much at a time. though it may seem like you don’t have enough product on your hands before application, the last thing you want is too much wax in your hair. As wax is harder to get out than most products as it isn’t water based you will have a hard time quickly removing it without a wax shampoo.
- Once applied, style out to your liking. Most hair wax’s are very flexible. Unlike gels that limit the styles possible wax is great for adding texture, as well as spiking or slicking your hair. Not only is it able to be flexible with styling but it is all re-workable. As wax is a firmer product than gels or mousses it will stay in your hair all day.
- Layer your wax, Even when your hair is thin and not creating movement, it’s always best to start with a small amount of wax. Applying the wax all at once can immediately make your hair heavy and flat. As needed, apply wax several times and in small amounts. Also, when you apply wax, try to bond it firmly with your hair. For soft and thin hair, it is recommended to finish your look with a little holding spray to prevent the hair from becoming flat.
- Don’t keep adding wax if hair isn’t holding. If your hair isn’t holding shape after waxing don’t continuously touch and tamper with your hair. Definitely don’t continue to add more product. This will make your hair heavy and only loose shape sooner. If you would like to keep the shape of your hair maybe try a hairspray to keep shape.
5 Simple Steps When Styling Hair Wax!
So in summary you should now know how to use hair wax. We hope this article will make the use of hair wax easier in your day to day life. These are the top 5 tips you will need to help you on your hairstyling journey. Whether you are doing your own hair or someone else’s. Click here to browse different hair wax products on mankind.
- Layer your wax. Even when your hair is thin and not creating movement, it’s always best to start with a small amount of wax. Applying the wax all at once can immediately make your hair heavy and flat.
- Don’t keep adding wax if hair isn’t holding. hairspray will be better to keep hair in place.
- Alternate hands during application. This way you can apply product evenly.
- Once applied, style out to your liking. Don’t be gentle if you want you’re hair how you want it you will have to make it like that.
- Melt the product with the heat from between your palms. wax applies much easier when warm.
Feature image from Pinterest