What is the best way and the right way to pinroll your jeans? Pinrolled jeans can save you so much money since you won’t need to tailor them. Also, they will save you a lot of time since you won’t have to drive back and forth to the tailor and their salon. Instead, you will get the same pair of pants – but only modified per your preference! There are actually many different ways to wear your favorite denim pants. In this guide, we will teach you all the different styles & ideas on how to wear denim or slim pants, as well as trousers just above your ankle. There is also the straight leg pant which is the perfect office look and you will love all of our ideas! Keep on reading and see for yourself.
How Do You Pinroll Long Pants?
Pinrolled jeans or french-rolling has been around for years now. Both men & women love to cuff their pants + they believe this is the perfect everyday solution if you need something practical & appropriate for many different events. The right way to pinroll your jeans is:
- Wear a pair of pants which are loose at the end. Don’t go for skinny or leather jeans since they won’t have as much of space nor fabric that you can move around.
- Pull the pants on the sides and backward. Do like so till the end of your pants gets a bit tighter around your ankle.
- Cuffing is not that hard to do at all. All you have to do is hold your inner inseam and grab the part of the fabric which overlaps.
- You should twist & pull them upwards 2-3 times till they are tight around your ankle. Make sure you style the right pair of trainers since they will look the best with this ankle-showing look.
How Do You Make A Tight Cuff On Jeans?
There are different ways that you can pinroll your jeans. If you wear denim jeans you will want them to be a bit looser at the bottom. If you are wearing fit jeans you will want them to look like skinny jeans around the ankle. Depending on your preferred style & your outfit idea you should cuff jeans. You can go for the:
Wide & Loose Iron Worker Style
This look is achieved if you wear the perfect longer & raw denim pants. It is usually a go-to for mechanics and builders, but it can also look cute on men who prefer this bold style. You achieve this fit by:
- Take the stem and make a large cuff. It should be around 4 inches in width.
- Smooth out your cuff with your fingers. Never cuff your pants longer or above your calf.
- You can pinroll them two times. Make sure you go for a stylish pair of socks underneath since why not show a bit of your ankle?
Skinny Fit For Trainers & Teens
If you prefer cuffing your jeans super tight & you love to wear unusual shoes you will love this slim fit. Stay away from super straight leg pants, and achieve this look by:
- Take a hemmed seam and fold it super tight & thin.
- Fold your cuff and smooth out your pants. Redo the process till it is super tight, but don’t make your pants into knickers.
- Stay away from boots and go for a wide cut and stylish sneakers underneath.
- Add some smaller accessories and wear these pants to casual events.
Top 4 Pinrolled Jeans
1. Slim Fit Jeans And Black Sneakers
The perfect popular choice for younger people are these jeans. They are modern, easy to style, and they follow all the trends! You should wear skinnier jeans and a bold graphic shirt on top. You should also go for black sneakers and enjoy this simple yet fashionable look for day-to-day activities. This style is usually worn by men in their twenties, as well as guys who love to step up & show off their sneaker game.
2. Selvedge Denim With A Pair Of Formal Shoes
Follow this trend if you are off to work or if you need a quick formal attire. This selvage denim looks the prettiest with a pair of loafers or boat shoes, as well as any formal shoes. Pair this outfit up with your favorite business watches and a casual tie. You should also wear your pants cuffed and show off your sock game. Men who love to dress up cool & who are innovative will also incorporate stylish socks to their outfit.
3. Retro & Loose Classic Pink Summer Pants & Black Shoes
There are many different brands which create retro & lose pants such as these. If you want to wear something a bit different go for these pink & wide stylish pants! There is no wrong way to wear these pants, but there is the right place when to wear them: a hot date, school, college, or a night out. These are a bit more flashy and they shouldn’t be your go-to for the office or any semi-formal daily activities.
4. Retro Winter Shoes & Denim Jeans Perfect For Pinrolling
If you want your feet to feel comfy even during the winter you will love these shoes. They have a short pinroll detail, but can easily warm you up and allow you to style cuffed jeans even in the winter! If you are wondering how to style them, make sure to include some key pieces such as watches, belts or a bag which will fit all of your necessities. Also, go for a muted green, brown, black or blue pants. Don’t wear lighter colors in the winter since chances are you’ll get them wet or dirty.
On That Note
Now once you read through our article, does it seem easier to style an entire outfit from head to toe? The sooner you start expressing your style & shopping for your perfect pieces, the faster you’ll enjoy a bunch of compliments on your OOTD. Men who need something cozy, comfortable yet professional will go for loafers and a suit & tie combo. Younger men will love to dress up in wild & crazy colors, and will incorporate Vans, Converse or Nike sneakers to their outfit. There is no wrong way on cuffing jeans, just make sure you go for the right leg fit (not too wide or too skinny), beautiful socks, and the right shirt to make the outfit pop.
Feature image from Pinterest