Bruce Willis’s hair is a worldwide known phenomenon. This is because Bruce Willis has changed a lot of different styles while we’ve been watching him in the cinema. Our favorite Hollywood actor has had a lot of ups and downs. Nowadays he is still filming & is giving us some of the best movies and series! If you want to know a thing or two more about his hair loss or hair in general, keep on reading! He may even inspire you on getting a bold ‘bald’ haircut.
Bruce Willis History: Your Favorite Actor
We all loved Bruce Willis in one of his epic series in 1985. Moonlighting won our hearts over (or your parents depending on how old you are). During the nineties, Bruce had a lot of hair. This is when all the women fell in love with him. Later on, Bruce created some of our other favorite movies such as Die Hard, Death Becomes Her & Striking Distance. He did a lot of acting with many different & famous actors such as Vin Diesel, Samuel L Jackson, Richard Gere, and many, many more. Bruce is a 63-year-old-actor that still amuses the audience worldwide, and makes the crowd go crazy wherever he goes.
When Did Bruce Willis Lose His Hair?
Bruce Willis was losing his hair slowly & gradually. He also tried to follow a trend when a lot of his co-workers have embraced this bald hairstyle. Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, as well as Richard Wenk have inspired Bruce to switch up his hairstyle. He did not want to go through any hair transplant and has had embraced the new Bruce Willis hair!
By the time it was 2007, he totally shaved off his hair. This was during the shot of Die Hard 4.0
Why Did Burce Willis Shave His Head?
Bruce Willis’s hair loss changed his image a lot. Over time a celebrity will have to switch up his image & looks for a specific role. However, Bruce Willis never had to do some extreme head-shaving or hard styles for a role. He always wanted to try out a balding shaved head hair-do. Twelve years ago, Bruce Willis had changed his hairstyle and had never looked back. In one of his interviews, Willis stated:
“I’ve seen all those little digs where they try to make you feel less of a man because you’re losing your hair. I’m a man, and I will kick anyone’s butt who tries to tell me I’m not a man because my hair is thinning, and I like fooling around with looking different ways. I wear makeup in films. I wear hairpieces in films. I don’t wear either in real life. End of subject.”
This just tells that Willis does not mind his hair loss process, and he is not ashamed of it. He is a Hollywood star who can rock anything he ends up choosing.
How Do I Embrace My Balding?
Is Bruce Willis one of those people you admire? Do you love how he can embrace his baldness? Believe it or not, many male actors can wear their hair in a specific way. A receding hairline is pretty common in Hollywood, but some women think of baldness as a hot new hair-change. If you are going through a similar process, here is how to embrace your balding:
- Accept it: Your balding will continue to happen over time. You will lose a lot of hair, and you will need to learn how to take care of it. The sooner you accept your hair loss, the faster you’ll continue with your confidence-building.
- Don’t hide it – Plenty of men will wear a hat or a cap trying to hide their hair loss. Don’t be one of those men.
- Shave it on your own – From time to time, it is good to cut and shave your hair on your own. If this is not too hard for you & you don’t feel like spending a lot of money at your barbershop, try to do this on your own. Just make sure you are well aware of your head shape before you commit to this hair-do.
- Grow facial hair – Your facial hair will add so much to your look. Try to grow it out and let it emphasize your facial features. This will act as a small distraction from your hair loss.
- Get the right haircut – Lastly, remember that you need to get something that suits your head shape & hair type. If you’re not going to embrace your bald immediately, yet you are trying to experiment with some options, give it a go with something short & simple like a crew cut, buzz cut etc.
On That Note
And now you know a lot about Bruce Willis & his hair journey. What was your favorite movie with him? Did you prefer him when he had that light yellow haircut, or now when he is embracing his baldness? Either way, hair transplant is always a solution, but if you feel like you can rock this haircut like a true star, make sure you shave off your head! The sooner you learn to live with your new hairstyle – the better.
Feature image from Pinterest