Reviewed & updated: October 19, 2022 by Jamie Wilson BA
Are you afraid of radiation exposure? There are different radiation levels and there is a specific dose rate that you should be exposed to. From time to time why not get an accurate rating for your home? Here is all the information which you should know about radiation detection.
Editors Pick: GQ GMC-320 Plus Fulfill Nuclear Radiation Detector
- Newly designed digital geiger counter/data recorder, record the radiation data. Play it back later
- Automatic data recording and play back from pc later
- Open communication protocol for wide range radiation network support made easy
- Country of origin: United States
Counters such as this one are portable and have two versatile modes. Also, there is an LCD display that can tell you everything! From current time, date, as well as its charging level.
- An easy and portable radiation detector
- Two versatile modes
- Date, time, the battery icon on the LCD display
- Rechargeable battery included. Chargeable via USB or wall or car charger
- Has an automatic data recording
- Weighs 4 oz
- It may take you some time to charge the batteries
———— Top 10 Best Radiation Detectors ————
LATNEX MG-300 LF Magnetic Field Meter
- Measures EMF from sources such as power lines, appliances, electrical wires, etc.
- Easy to operate, with accurate measurements
- Reliable gauss meter for measuring electrical fields
- Includes certificate and user manual
Radiation detection can be easy, with this detector. It is petite & lightweight (weighs only 170 grams). You will easily use it and measure different sorts of magnetic fields around your house.
- Great if you like smaller devices
- Measures different electromagnetic fields
- Battery life is 100 hours
- Weighs only 170g
- You will get a user manual with your purchase
- Not sensitive enough to pick up every part of the radiation
EMF Meter Electromagnetic Field Radiation Detector Handheld Mini Digital
The use of the right radiation detector is important, so why not go for this one? This is a great Geiger counter that even has a sound alarm + there is also an auto-shutoff option. You can use it in either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Great Geiger counter that has a sound alarm
- Has an auto power shut off option
- Can work in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Has the sound light alarm
- Beautiful blue design
- Hard to use if you are a beginner
Advanced GQ EMF-380 V2 Multi-Field Electromagnetic Radiation 3-in-1
- High sensitivity, up to 8GHz
- Built-in RF Spectrum Power Analyzer, RF Browser, RF Power Histogram, Digital RF utility
- Three fields/axes EMF and EF history data graph
- Safety suggestion indicator provides a simple and easy way to understand overall radiation risk.
If you don’t mind its pricey point, go for this radiation detection device! It has a high sensitivity sensor and can work up to 8 GHz. It also has a LED indicator and is a lightweight design.
- High sensitivity, up to 8GHz
- Has a high contrast black/white LCD module and one front LED indicator
- Front LED visualizes alarm when triggered
- Very accurate
- Lightweight design
- A bit pricey
PerfectPrime MW0002, Digital LCD Microwave Oven Leakage Detector
- Warning: 5.0mW/cm2
- Calibration: 2459MHz
- Range: 0-9.99mW/cm2
- Power Supply: 9V DC (not included)
If you are on a budget and you need a pretty affordable radiation detector, go for this one! It also weighs only 120 grams + there is a large LCD readout screen.
- Has a backlight
- Large LCD readout
- Weighs only 120g
- No need for recalibration
- Very affordable
- Not the best instructions
DBTector EMF Meter Electric and Magnetic Field Meter Detect Radiation
- Easy to use EMF meter
- Measures Electrical and Magnetic Fields
- Sound alarm for high readings
- Back light display
If you usually prefer items that come at a great price point, and that have an automatic shut-off option, this radiation detector is for you! There is also the backlight display and a data lock feature.
- Easy to use
- Has the backlight display
- Has a data lock feature
- You get batteries with your purchase
- Automatic shut down option
- Great price
- Not the best accuracy
HF-B3G Triple Axis HF RF Power Meter Analyzer and Detector Measuring EMF Radiation
- Reliable meter for measuring RF and HF emissions from sources such as Cell Phones, Cell Towers, Smart meters, Modems
- Can be operated by both beginner and advanced users; beginners should measure µW/cm2, while advanced users can use V/m or µW/m2 as their unit of measurement
- For an environment to be considered "safe", your readings should not exceed 0.003 µW/cm2 (or equivalent for a different unit)
- Directional characteristic: Isotropic, triaxial. Measurement range selection: one continuous range.
Some radiation detectors have amazing battery lifespans – like this model! You can use it for up to 15 hours without recharging it! Enjoy its digital clock and the 200 data set option!
- There is an alarm-buzzer function
- An amazing battery life – 15 hours
- There is a digital clock
- Tri-axial sensors
- 200 data sets
- Not the highest quality when compared to other models
Digital EMF Tester Electric and Magnetic Field Radiation Detector Dosimeter
- Electric Field Radiaition: (1)Range: 1V/m-1999V/m (2)Accuracy: 1V/m (3)Alarm threshold: 40V/m
- Magnetic Field Radiaition: (1)Range: 0.01μT-99.99μT (2)Accuracy: 0.01μT (3)Alarm threshold: 0.4μT
- FEATURES: Sound and light alarm (when the test result exceeds the safe value), Data Hold feature, Temperature measurement and with Backight function
- POWER SOURCE: Comes with USB Cable, Rechargeable battery strenght indicator is display on the screen and the meter will automatically shut down after 5 minutes of no operation
Control the radiation exposure levels with this detector! It has an accurate magnetic power + a rechargeable lithium battery. Also, it will turn off on its own after 5 minutes if you don’t use it.
- Easy to control
- Accurate magnetic field radiation
- Sound and light alarm
- Has a rechargeable lithium battery
- Has an automatic shut down option after 5 minutes of no use
- It shows Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Not a well-known model
RADEX ONE Personal RAD Safety”Outdoor Edition
Detectors such as this one will suit people who want accurate results when it comes to gamma, Beta and X-rays radiation. You can see the results in 10 seconds and you will love its portable design.
- A great device that can measure gamma, Beta and X-rays radiation
- Results show in 10 seconds
- Compact and portable design
- Beautiful orange design
- Small design
- Plastic cheap material
GQ GMC-500Plus Nuclear Radiation Detector Monitor Dosimeter
- Enhanced model, dual geiger tubes sensor, independent calibration factors
- Push the detection range upper limit 10 times higher
- Large informative LCD Display with auto horizontal and vertical large font display
- Built-in flash memory. Onboard speaker and audio output,Rechargeable battery installed.
Some detectors also come with the Wi-fi option, like this model. You can use it to detect Beta, Gamma, X-ray radiation and there are also the two Geiger sensors!
- It detects Beta, Gamma, X-ray radiation and can be used as a continuous radiation monitor
- Two Geiger sensors
- iPhone APP facilitated use with cellphone
- Has a Wi-fi model
- LED visual
- Small sensors
RADEX ONE Personal RAD Safety
Materials when it comes to radiation detectors are super sturdy & long-lasting (as it is with this model). You will love it if you need something petite and compact. Also, it has an amazing high sensitivity feature.
- Great instruments if you wish for smaller detectors
- PC connection via USB cord (which is provided)
- One year warranty
- Small and compact
- High sensitivity
- Shorter lifespan
If you are on a search for perfect radiation detectors you may enjoy one from our list. Using these will help you understand the perfect and accurate radiation level at any given area and part of your home. Monitoring may help you make your life healthy and better, so get one based on your budget.
Feature image from Pinterest