What Is The Best Pull Up Bar?
For anyone who is a fitness junkie, a sturdy free standing pull up bar is a must-have! A free-standing pull-up bar is an amazing alternative and an investment for guys who are on a lookout for at-home workout gear. You don’t have to revisit your gym over and over again since you can workout from home! However, make sure you choose the best one for your shape, size, and physique. The perfect free standing pull up bar shouldn’t damage your door frames or walls, no matter how heavy you are. So, if you want to experience the best and highest-quality pull up bars, we have 12 options for you to choose from down below!
- Portable gym that can be used as a doorway pull up bar or turned over to perform situps, pushups, and dips; 300 pound weight capacity
- Wide grip curved ergonomic handles offer three grip options for wide, close, and hammer grip pullups; padded handles ensure comfort for situps, pushups, and dips
- Turn over and place on the floor for situps, pushups and dips; padded handles ensure correct form, and provide comfort
- Patented door frame guard and adjustable design securely fits door frames up to 33 inches wide and up to 6 inches deep
Our top pick is this elite ergonomic wide grip freestanding pull up bar. We also recommend it since you can choose the pro version (it has wide grip handles), as well as the sport grip which is quite compact.
This portable pull up handle can hold a person who is up to 300 pounds heavy, and it provides stability. It has the wide grip curved handles which will allow you to do wide, hammer and close pull-ups, as well as sit-ups and push-ups! You can use the free-standing pull-up bar on the floor when doing floor situps, and you can use the bar in between your door frame and achieve your own ab station! The pull-up bar can secure door frames that are 33 inches wide, as well as those that are 6 inches deep. With this equipment, you will work on your strength, and you’ll be in shape in no time!
- Can be used on the floor & between the doors
- Three different handles to choose from
- Has a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- The manufacturer offers one year warranty
- Fairly priced
- Weighs only 8 pounds
Can be hard to set-up if you are a beginner
Top 12 Free Standing Pull Up Bars
Iron Age Pull Up Bar Doorway US Invention Patent with Smart Hook Technology
- SMART HOOK TECHNOLOGY-With the revolutionary invention of smart hook, our genius design pull up bar decomposes the downward force generated by doing pushing up into several much smaller horizontal and...
- ZERO ASSEMBLY-Simply hook right on the doorframe, no assembly required. All you need to do is put on the 2 plastic sleeves to protect the door. Completely foldable design for easy storage
- SIX INCH HIGHER-The upper handle bar is 6 inches higher than the embarrassin traditional pull up bars.Tall guys no need to flex their knees
- 100% DOORFRAME PROTECTION-The unique design scientifically decomposes the downward force, your doorframe is being well protected. Protective pads also prevent damage to door frame
Ths pull up bar comes in a bright blue color and has the smart hook technology. Thanks to it, this genius design will allow you to set up the pull up bar with ease on the doorframe, without any assembly. As long as you put on 2 plastic sleeves to protect the door, the set-up will be easy. The upper handlebar is 6 inches higher than any other traditional pull up bar, which means that tall men won’t need to flex their knees when working out! With your purchase, you will get protective pads for the doors. The freestanding pull up bar can hold a person who is up to 440 pounds heavy.
- Great for taller men
- Has a 440 weight capacity
- Great fitness equipment for beginners & professionals
- Has the smart hook technology
- The blue bar system may stain your doors (especially if they are white)
Hakeno Pull Up Bar Doorway Chin up Bar
- ✅【NO Screws & NO Drilling】Only take minutes to set it up and remove it on the door frame. This pull up bar is designed with two anti-skid devices on both sides,Just rotate the pole to press...
- ✅ 【Sturdy Locking Mechanism】Patented security lock, Buckle design + 360°lock Make sure that the bar doesn't loosen during training.Larger and thicker silicone pad than market,So have higher...
- ✅ 【Wide Applications，Quick Set-Up】No screws installation allows you to adjust the height and place at any place.This pull up bar is perfect for a variety of exercises including pull-ups,...
- ✅ 【Adjustable Pull Up Bars】Customize length for an easy fit in most door frame between 28"- 38". No screws installation allows you to adjust the mounting height of this pull-up bar at any time....
No reason to drill down your walls or do a heavy installation with this pull up bar. It will not leave any unwanted traces since it has the patented anti-skid device on both ends. The pull up bar will spread on both sides, and the heavier you are, the sturdier it will act! It can hold a person that is up to 660 pounds heavy, great for you if your preference is something heavy and sturdy. People love this pull up bar since it has the patented security lock along with the buckle design which won’t loosen or lose its grip during your training. You can set up the bar at your home, office, or even your garage. You can do pull-ups, chin-ups, as well as crunches and leg raises on this pull up bar.
- Three different sizes are available
- No drilling required + easy to install
- It can hold a person who is up to 660 pounds heavy (weight capacity for people who are over 600 pounds)
- Not too pricey
- Be careful with the lock so it doesn’t loosen during training
CrossGrips – Pull Up Bar Handles, Doorframe Pull-up Bar
- DOOR REQUIREMENTS: Turns nearly any doorway into a personal gym. [IMPORTANT] However, check to make sure your door molding is between 2"-4" high and the wall + trim thickness 4.5"-7.5".
- SIMPLE SETUP: Ready in under 15 seconds. No tools required. No screws. And no damage.
- MULTI-USE: Ideal for pull-ups, push-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, dips, and more. Narrow, wide, and neutral grip positions.
- QUALITY: Sturdy stainless steel frame. Holds up to 250 lbs.
This is an unusual pull up bar handle, perfect for people who need petite and compact solutions! These handles will help you do pull ups, chin ups, as well as dips and push ups. Make your doorway gym come to life with similar workout stations, and invest in your dip bars. This pull up bar can hold a person who is up to 250 pounds heavy. The clamps on this bar have a patent technology that will lock onto every door-frame and they won’t fall off. If your door molding is between 2 inches to 4, and the wall thickness is between 4.5 – 7.5” you will be able to use this one at your home.
- Great for traveling
- Small and petite
- Great for different types of exercises
- Great for any muscle groups exercising
- Only holds people who are up to 250 pounds heavy
- A bit pricey
Perfect Basic Pullup, Pull Up Progression Bar
- The Perfect Basic Pullup adjustable bar makes pullups possible for any fitness level
- An adjustable swing arm works for rows, traditional pullups, tricep presses, lunges and other body weight exercises
- Easy to install, door remains fully functional; one size fits most door frames from 27-36 inches wide
- Features three positions from beginner to advanced; user weight limit is 220 pounds
This is one of the most basic and easy to use, as well as setup, pull up bars. It is adjustable per your needs and can come in handy when you are doing tricep presses as well as lunges, knee raises, as well as home gym workouts. As long as your door frame is anywhere from 27-36 inches wide, you can use this workout equipment. With your purchase, you will also get a navy seal inspired workout, perfect if you need some motivation when it comes to your workout routines, and great if you want to build up your stamina! The weight capacity for this pull up bar is 220 pounds, safe for both men and women.
- You can do different exercises on it
- An amazing price point
- You get a navy seal inspired workout CD with your purchase
- Can be used by both men and women + it is super easy to set up
- Can hold a person who is up to 220 pounds heavy
Pull Up Bar, Door Exercise Bar Without Screw Installation
- ✔【NO SCREWS INSTALLTION】This pull up bar is designed with two anti-skid devices on both sides, which can firmly stick on the wall. The harder you pull this bar, the more stable this pull up bar...
- ✔【UNIQUE LOCKING FEATURE】The doorway pull up bar adopts silicone pads which prevent you from slipping, durable enough to ensure when you are doing pulling up. Besides, the door pull-up bar...
- ✔【WIDE APPLICATIONS】No screws installation allows you to adjust the mounting height of this pull-up bar at any time. You can use this bar for a variety of exercises including pull-ups, chin-ups,...
- ✔【ADJUSTABLE BAR LENGTH】This length door frame pull-up bar can be adjusted, suitable for standard doorway, perfect for home, garage or office use. With this push up bar, home and office become...
This pull up bar is pretty easy to install and you can do the construction on your own. It has two anti-skid devices on both sides that will allow the bar to easily and firmly stick on the wall. The pull up bar has silicone pads on the sides that will prevent slipping while you’re pulling yourself up. This fitness bar can hold a person that is up to 440 pounds heavy and has a specific style that will allow you to work out in any area. You will also love the fact that this pull up bar has a 12-month warranty, and there is also a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Non-slip handles
- Has a warranty and a money-back guarantee policy
- Can hold a person who is up to 440 pounds
- You can work out different body parts
- A great option for both men and women
- The pads may wear off sooner than expected
Ultimate Body Press Wall Mounted Doorway Pull Up Bar
- THE MOUNTED DOORWAY BAR: The Wall Mount Doorway Pull Up Bar is the Ultimate Body Press exclusive that combines the space saving versatility of a doorway pull up bar and the rigid performance of a...
- ALL WELDED STEEL: The rigid mount Doorway Pull Up Bar supports focus on form so you can effectively increase rep counts in 3 grip positions. Thick 1. 25” tubing stands a full 4. 25” off your wall...
- EASY INSTALLATION: The Wall Mount Doorway Pull Up Bar is precision engineered for easy home installation and includes assembly instructions, complete hardware, and USA tech support
- IDEAL ANCHOR: Anchor optional Bodyweight Resistance Trainers to turn your pull up bar into a full bodyweight gym. Complete full sets of pull ups and other challenging exercises right from day one with...
The best free standing pull up bar should be mounted doorway bar. This one is an exclusive bar that you can place between your doorway and freely work out, thanks to its rigid mount. It looks sleek and is made out of components that won’t harm your door. This one was designed in North Carolina, and the manufacturer brings you a warranty for 10 years! You can set the bar over your doors, as long as they are 24-30 inches wide. Most men and women who use this pull up bar prefer it for HIIT workouts as well as high-intensity workouts.
- High-quality bar made in North Carolina
- The manufacturer gives you a 10-year warranty
- Can be used by men and women
- Great for quick HIIT workouts
- Great for sit ups, hand grips, as well as any other workout routine
- Doesn’t say its maximum user weight limit
Garren Fitness Maximiza Pull Up Bar – Locking Doorway Pullup Bar/Chin up Bar
- BUILD UPPERBODY STRENGTH - This pull up bar for doorway use will tone and strengthen your back, arms, shoulders and abs muscles for the perfect upperbody workout for men and women
- SAFE and SECURE - Heavy-duty chrome steel doorway pull up bar and door mounts provide great support and safety. Note: Always install and use the supplied screw-in door brackets (comes with 2 sets of...
- VERSATILE USES - Get fit and strong by using the door bar for many exercises including pull-ups, chin-ups, hanging leg raises, push-ups, dips, situps and crunches. It's truly a multi function piece of...
- COMFORTABLE HAND-GRIPS - Non-slip extra-long foam grips for extra comfort to minimize hand fatigue or pain
This pull up bar is ideal for working out your back, arms, as well as shoulders and abs. It is a heavy-duty item made out of chrome steel which you can easily mount into the wall. The handgrips are amazing because of their non-slip and extra-long foam which will allow you to go through better exercises. This pull up bar has multiple screw-in door mounts, but as long as your doors are anywhere between 26 and 39 inches, you can use it at your home. Its features are pretty of high quality, they will bring you comfort and will allow you to enjoy amazing workouts.
- Great for different types of exercises
- Has a non-slip bar
- Easy to install
- For men & women
- Very affordable
- It doesn’t say how much weight it can hold
Sagler Pull up bar Doorway Heavy Duty Chin up bar Trainer for Home Gym
- portable pull up bar Ideal for pull-ups, push-ups, chin-ups, dips, crunches, and more
- dip station fits standard doorways, Excellent for pull ups, triceps dips, push ups, and sit ups
- chin up bars three grip positions, narrow, wide, and neutral - fits up to a 36 inch wide door
- door frame pull up bar uses leverage to hold against the doorway so there are no screws and no damage to door. Installs in seconds.
This monochromatic and dark black pull up bar is portable and easy to carry around. It is one of the more affordable models, and you will love it for different exercises. You can do pull ups, chin ups, crunches, as well as dips on it. It is excellent for legs & arms. This freestanding pull up bar fits up to a 36-inch wide door, and you will easily install it since there is no need for any screws or tools.
- Very affordable
- You don’t need specific tools to install it
- Great for your entire body workouts
- Easy to carry around
- Not the highest quality when compared to some other models
FEIERDUN Doorway Pull Up and Chin Up Bar Upper Body Workout Bar
- 💪【NO Trace On Your Door】Passing the patent application unique rhombus structure guarantees your security. Soft anti-skid PVC mats on both side to protect the frame from cracking and prevent the...
- 💪【NO Screws & NO Drilling】You only take minutes to set it up and remove it on the door frame. Just rotate the pole to press against the door frame. Pay attention to DO NOT use the pull up bar...
- 💪【Sturdy Locking Mechanism】Made of stainless steel, will prevent the pull up bar from rotating during use, which make sure the security for yourself. Never worry over-tighten the pull-up bar...
- 💪【Adjustable Pull Up Bars】Customize length for an easy fit in most door frame. Shorter:28.3"- 36.2"(72cm-92cm)/Longer: 36.6"- 45"(93cm-114cm). Suitable for standard doorway, perfect for home,...
Feierdun’s brand has been around for longer than 20 years. Some of their products have been made for professionals and some institutes, therefore, this pull up bar may suit you more if you are a pro or if you have somewhat experience at the gym. The bar is easy to set up and install, just don’t use it on any fragile door. The bar is made with stainless steel and it has a sturdy locking mechanism. This freestanding bar can support a person who is 440 pounds heavy, and it is perfect for anyone! Home pull-up bars in 2020 should be adjustable per your height and your door piece so that users can experience the perfect structure at their home! Models such as this one will survive almost any test, all functions guaranteed.
- Great for professionals
- Can hold a person who is up to 440 pounds heavy
- Not too expensive
- Has the right locking mechanism
- Can be used in any room and when doing different positions and movements
- May be hard to install if you are a beginner
Heavy Duty ProSource Easy Gym Doorway Chin-up Pull-Up Bar
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL – 12 comfortable grips & various handles allow you to perform wide, hammer, close-grip exercises
- UPPER BODY STRENGTH - Strengthen entire upper body and abs with pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, dips, and leg raises; Material: Steel; Foam/PVC grips
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE & INSTALL – Slip-in design fits standard doorways (24” to 36”). Includes 2 optional foam covers for outer handles to protect doorframes
- AT-HOME WORKOUT - Portable design makes it easy to squeeze in workouts and stay fit at home; Exercise guide included
This monochrome black pull up bar is sturdy and great for at-home workouts. You can use it as long as you adjust it to your doorways that have sturdy frames (around 24-36 inches wide). You can set it up without any additional equipment. This heavy-duty bar won’t slip off not move around at your door frame. The bar is made with premium-grade steel, and it will hold a person up to 300 pounds. The bar also has 2 optional slip-on foam grips which will protect your doorframe, ideal for a variety of uses!
- Made with premium-grade steel
- Can hold a person who is up to 300 pounds heavy
- Has slip-on foam grips which will protect your doorframe
- Easy to set up
- Beautiful yet inexpensive
- May move a bit if you do intense workouts
Rubberbanditz Doorway Pull Up Bar | Doorframe Chin-Up & Pull-Up Bar for Home Fitness
- THE ULTIMATE DOOR FRAME PULLUP BAR | Get a great workout in anywhere there is a door frame - This premium pullup bar fits most doorways and doorframes 24 to 32 inches and supports up to 315 pounds of...
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS = DURABILITY AND PERFORMANCE | If you’re investing in home exercise equipment to deliver results, you need products that last a lifetime - This exercise bar is made with...
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE, INSTALL, AND REMOVE | Nothing is worse than a door frame pullup bar that ruins your doorframe or falls out when you try to use it - This ergonomically designed pull up bar is easy to...
- 8 WEEK PULLUP CHALLENGE EBOOK INCLUDED | You’ve got the doorframe pull up bar, now you just need the right workouts - To help you out, our fitness professionals have included a comprehensive 8 week...
This is the ultimate pull up bar that you can use anywhere in your house. As long as your doorways or doorframes are around 24-32 inches you will use the bar with ease. This bar includes an e-book that will help you get the perfect body. It can support people who weigh up to 315 pounds + it is pretty inexpensive. The bar is made with stainless grade steel and is easy to set-up. The company brings you a 100% money-back guarantee, and they also believe that you will get the perfect body shape in 8 weeks. Its superior design is pretty durable and you won’t need any screws to install it and mount to the door.
- Can hold a person who is 315 pounds heavy
- Gives you a money-back guarantee
- You get a CD with your purchase for easy online workouts
- Made with stainless steel
- Durable & easy to install
- Not for gym junkies, but perfect for beginners
IRON AGE Pull Up Bar for Doorway – Angled Grip Home Gym Exercise Equipment
- Ergonomic angled end to help protect wirst, ideal for latissimus. The length of the upper bar is firstly shortened to 39.17 inch from 47.24 inch, making it perfect for shoulder width pull ups.
- The form grip on the upper bar is divided into four small ones; with the angled grip ends, they together offer a wide range of different grip options: shoulder width grip or a close grip. SUSPENSION...
- Newly FOAM SURFACE door pads can prevent damage to your door frame. The bar leaves no mark on your frame. Multiple foldable design make is a best space saver, you can store it in few seconds after a...
- The distance bewteen the two "hook " is cut down to 22.83", making it almost fit all doors, even doors in the corner. Fits a door width of 22.83" - 36.22"(58-92 cm) and depth of 8.27"(21 cm);...
This free standing pull up bar has an ergonomically angled end which will protect your wrist and make the working out process a lot easier. This free-standing pull up bar can be placed with doors that are 39-47 inches. You will also get suspension straps with your purchase for versatile workouts. The foam surface of door pads will prevent any future damage to your door frame. You can easily store and fold the bar, it is convenient and practical for everyone and at-home use. People who weigh up to 200 kg or 400 pounds can use this bar. The company also offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Can hold a person who is up to 400 pounds
- The company has a 100% money-back guarantee
- Has a foam surface padding which will protect your doors from getting damaged
- Easy to store and fold
- Can be loose sometimes
How To Use & Set Up A Free Standing Pull Up Bar?
- Men or women who work out usually gravitate toward pull up bars. These are designed for your arms, shoulders, back, as well as chest & hand workouts. If you can do leg raises you will work out your abdominal muscles with ease and you will work out your entire body, but especially arm muscle groups.
- Once you end up purchasing your standing pull up bar you should make sure you are comfortable with using and installing the wall mounted pull up bar. Every pull up station can handle a specific weight limit. Make sure you are in the right category before you purchase your pull-up bar. Someone who weighs around 275 pounds should purchase a bar that can hold a capacity of 300+ pounds.
- Pull-up bars are attached to your door frame and are secured with screws and all the necessary materials that you do get when you purchase a pull up bar. However, before you install it, make sure that your door frame is safe and that your doors have no cracks or weaknesses before setting up the equipment. If they do, you can experience weight slip offs and damaged surfaces, so be careful, you’ve been warned!
There are plenty of different styles and designs that you can purchase. As you can see, different models will suit different people (athletes, gym-junkies, women etc). You can have your own home gym method and system, just choose the best free standing pull up bar that is for you!
We highly recommend the Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar, and our second favorite has got to be the Hakeno Pull Up Bar Doorway Chin up Bar, perfect for guys who love to do sets, and who want to see a difference fast & efficient.
Feature image from Pinterest