Reviewed & updated: October 19, 2022 by Jamie Wilson BA
From running to catwalk to streetwear. The Adidas Ultra Boost is the trainer that every runner wants, and every sneakerhead loves. Kanye West co-signed them, and used them to inspire the Yeezy’s. It’s safe to say these trainers are about to be iconic.
The Adidas Ultra Tech have changed the way runners think about their footwear, and the Adidas Ultra Boosts are the most groundbreaking trainers in running history – the sliced bread of athleticism so to speak. Here we give you a brief overview of the trainer that set to be another Adidas icon.
The Adidas Ultra Boost
Strength and endurance build with each run. These men’s running shoes are designed to help you log more kilometres in comfort. The shoes’ plush boost™ midsole works with the STRETCHWEB outsole to return energy to every step, helping you run farther with less fatigue, while a supportive midfoot complements the snug, sock-like fit of the adidas Primeknit upper to give your feet the support long runs demand. A Continental™ Rubber outsole provides traction in all conditions, wet or dry.
- Weight: 304 g (size UK 8.5)
- boost™’s energy-returning properties keep every step charged with an endless supply of light, fast energy
- STRETCHWEB rubber outsole is lightweight and elastic, adapting to the ground for stability and working strategically to optimise the unique properties of boost™ from touchdown to push-off
- adidas Primeknit is carefully engineered to naturally expand with your foot while you run to give you a more comfortable fit and help reduce irritation; SOCKFIT upper for a snug, supportive fit; TPU fit cage for added support
- TORSION® SYSTEM for midfoot integrity; FITFRAME 3D-moulded TPU helps increase stability around the heel; Continental™ Rubber outsole for extraordinary grip in wet and dry conditions
- Runner type: neutral; Stack height: 30.5 mm / 20.5 mm (10 mm differential)
The Boost Technology that make these trainers so popular was first introduced in February 2012. Adidas held a global event in NYC with media from all over the world present to introduce them to the Adidas Energy Boost runner. The energy runner infused TPU particles to take on impact and return energy to the midsole for a bouncier temperature resistant run.
In February 2015 only 3-years later, Adidas perfected that technology, and combined it with a Primeknit upper to create the Adidas Ultra Boost. The Boost themselves have been deemed by many as the best running shoe to date, and became a hit with sneakerheads all over the world when Kanye West wore them during a Chicago Bulls game.
Kanye West loved the shoes so much (they are arguable the only shoes he wears as much as his Yeezys), that he took the technology and put it into the Yeezy Boost 350 and 750’s for his first collaboration with Adidas.
Original Release Date:
Original Model Name:
Adidas Ultra Boost
Where to buy a pair of Adidas Ultra Boost
Feature image from Pinterest